Affiliation forms are available here, these should be completed and returned to the membership secretary with the requisite affiliation fee of £499 for Association membership, or £250 for Club membership.
Membership is open to any bona fide, correctly organised association, federation or similar organisation, democratically organised and operated who wish to apply for membership. Once the application and fee has been received, the details are circulated to the board of EKF who will in their absolute discretion consider the details submitted, and then accept, reject or defer membership status.
Benefits of membership include but are not limited to:
- Membership and recognition of WKF
- Entry to many International run competitions i.e. Dutch, Paris and Venice open etc..
- Prestigious Junior and Senior National Championships
- DBS Checks
- Recognition of grades and abilities
- Access to National Squad programmes
- Access to National and International Referee and officials qualification programmes
- Insurance policies and cover currently being negotiated to provide significant discounts (expected to be available Jan 08)
- Planned membership courses for grass roots Karate ka
- Access to planned competitive coaching courses (learn to coach for competitions)
- Advice, Guidance and template policies for Child protection
- Per group recognition
- Planned implementation of UKCC coaching standards in 2008
- Access to membership services
- Openness and transparency with all information available for scrutiny via the EKF website, newsletters, email information and meetings.
The individual registrations system began on the 1st January 2008. Registration slips must be prepaid, these slips can be carried over to the following month in the event they are not used. Once issued however a registration sheet must be submitted (monthly) which will be recorded by EKF, checks on registered members will be in operation at all EKF events. If no slips are issued in any given month, no declaration is required.
Currently we are happy for associations to use their own systems, however any membership slip must include an EKF registration number, which again must be recorded by EKF detailing the individual who has been issued that number. This system will be monitored however and if necessary reviewed and changed if we feel there are problems.
To purchase EKF licences you will need to go online and use the following link https://formsmarts.com/form/1ydz?mode=h5. Licences are sold in pads of 50 slips. All fields must be completed. Once payment is made via the online form the registration officer will post them to you.
All associations must register their members with the EKF.
Registration slips are sold in packs of 50 (£150) and should be purchased in advance.