Karate into the Olympics 2020
This is the most important vote ever please sign and share this petition for Karate in the olympics
‘The inclusion of Karate to the Olympics gives hopes and dreams to everybody in the karate world and also to the next generation.’
Looking forward to the Tokyo Olympics 2020, Japan Karatedo Federation, in coordination with the WKF, has been making every effort for the inclusion of Karate into the Olympics with the support of Nippon Budo-kan, Japan Budo Association, and the All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Promotion of the Tokyo Olympics 2020, which has been set up with more than 110 members from both Houses of Parliament.
Now we are in the middle of our signature-collecting campaign together with JKF & WKF members and all karate fans.
In order to publicise the overwhelming wave of passionate vocal support for Karate to the Olympics to the world, as well as in Japan, we would like to ask your full support for and cooperation with this online signature-collecting campaign.
Antonio Espinós , WKF President & Takashi Sasagawa, JKF President
The EKF is set-up as a democratically elected body for English Karate to cover the whole spectrum of our martial art and to further develop an understanding administration that listens to the needs of all the many aspects of Karate from Sport to Traditional, from the youngest beginner to the most senior instructor. The EKF is recognised as the official governing body for English Karate by the British Karate Federation, European Karate Federation and the World Karate Federation. Read more about us »
Team GB announce competing sports for inaugural European Games in Baku
Team GB have announced the sports / disciplines and the qualification for BAKU visit the British Karate Federation website for the full news item.
Read more here »
- Chief Referees Report European Seniors Istanbul March 2015
- Chief Referee's Message re National Championships 2015
- EKF Instructor Qualification update
- Chief Referee's Report Junior, Cadets and under 21 year old European championships Zurich
- On behalf of the EKF we wish the Junior National Squad, competing at the Junior Europeans in Switzerland, the very best of luck and good wishes.
- Message from the Chief Referee, Dale Gamble
- PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS MESSAGE - Do you have clubs in the Lincolnshire and South Humberside regions? If so read on!!
Website updates 27th March 2015
- Chief Referees Report European Seniors Istanbul March 2015 added
- 2 Kumite Squad training sessions added
- Calendar updated
As the national governing body representing Karate groups in England, the Board of the EKF have been looking at ways to encourage new members to the EKF to enable them to obtain the benefits of affiliation.
Read more »
EKF CRB Service: Please note updated information regarding this service - read more here »
The EKF phone number for general enquiries between 10.00am and 5.00pm is 07717 454 669.
Our address is:
EKF Ltd, PO Box 4422, Hornchurch RM12 9FD.
Please note for information that cheques for payment must be made out to English Karate Federation Ltd and not EKF Ltd as the bank will no longer accept abbreviations on cheques.
EKF Promotional Video
Is your EKF Licence Valid?
Members are reminded that to participate in any EKF event, they must have a current and valid EKF licence.
Due to some abusing the current system, anyone who is unable to produce their licence on request, will be barred from participating in any EKF event including squad training, competitions, referee course, etc.
If you have any doubts about the validity of your licence you are advised to check with your instructor or head of association. Licences are only valid for 12 months, and each carry a unique number.
Check that number, and be sure you are a member, so as not to be disappointed. NO LICENCE MEANS NO PARTICIPATION.
- 29/03/15 National Squad Training & Open Training
- 12/04/15 National Squad Training – 'A' SQUAD ONLY
- 26/04/15 EKF Kata Selections: Selection tor the Junior World Championships November 2015 Indonesia
- National Squad Training & Open Training 01/03/15
- European medal winners from Switzerland Kieran Nunkoo, Aimee Sell & Mitchell Thorpe congratulations everyone.
- EKF Junior & Senior Kata squads selected for Switzerland & Turkey
- 26th April 2015 - Midlands Regional Training