Assistant National Kata Coach & Assistant North Region Kumite Coach
Following the recent departure of the EKF Assistant National Coaches Vasile Munteanu and John Gardiner, the EKF are now in the search for a New Assistant National Coach to support Head National Coach Ady Gray. The EKF also seek to appoint to the vacant regional role of Assistant Regional Kumite Coach to support Regional Head Coach Frank Pullano.
We are therefore looking to appoint x1 National Assistant Kata coach and x1 Assistant Regional Kumite Coach.
This is your opportunity to join a fantastic energised coaching team.
The application closing date for both roles will be 10am Monday 7th June 2021 with interviews scheduled to take place on Sunday 13th / Monday 14th June 2021
Please note that a basic coaching expense will be paid.
Further information about the coaching roles and how to apply:
The National Head Kata Coach would like to recruit into the following role:
Assistant National Kata Coach - Shitoryu
Reporting to the Head National Kata Coach the Assistant National Kata Coach would be expected to:
- Assist the Head National Kata Coach with - National Squad training sessions and pre training sessions
- Assist the Head National Kata coach in the selection and development of the National and Elite Squads
- Assist the Head National Coach in selection of squads for international competition
- Assist the Head Kata coach with any administration required
- Deputise in the absence of the Head National Kata Coach
- Undertake duties as directed by the Head National Kata Coach
The Head Regional Kumite Coach would like to recruit into the following role:
Assistant Northern Regional Kumite Coach
Reporting into the Head Northern Regional Kumite Coach, the Assistant Northern Regional Kumite Coach would be expected to:
- Assist the Head Regional Coach organise and run regional kumite squad sessions (x6 each year)
- Assist the Head Regional Coach in the selection and development of the regional kumite squad in line with the EKF Performance Framework
- Assist the preparation of the regional team to compete in competitions as agreed by the Head National Kumite Coach and Performance Director
All coaches will be responsible for scouting at local, regional and national championships.
Please note: All National and Regional Coaches are required to hold a new Enhanced DBS registered with the update service. No applicants will be considered for appointment without this.
Please submit a Curriculum Vitae (CV) outlining your career history, key responsibilities and achievements relevant to the position. Please make clear the position you are applying for.
You should also submit a personal statement of no more than 500 words outlining your motivation for applying for this role.
The EKF is keen for it’s coaching teams to reflect its membership therefore, we would encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Please address Assistant National Kata applications to:
Sensei Ady Gray, Head National Kata Coach and Sensei Winston Williams, EKF Performance Director by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please address Assistant Regional Kumite applications to:
Sensei Frank Pullano, Head Northern Regional Kumite Coach and Sensei Junior Leferve, Head National Kumite Coach by emailing: email@example.com